Are you looking for a way to enhance your kid’s problem solving and mathematical skills? You’ll need something exciting to ignite your kid’s imagination, right? A Lego train is a fun way to develop your child’s creativity.
If you’ve been struggling to find the best Lego train, then this review has it all. Plus, for more information, we have included a buying guide at the end.
Top 3 Best Lego Trains
LEGO City Passenger Rc Train Toy
● Easy to set up and play with
● Bluetooth compatibility
● Comes with a conductor, passengers, and an attendant
LEGO City Passenger Rc Train Toy
● Comes with plenty of minor toys and figures
● Has the entire crew composed of five Minifigures
● Can turn into a motorized unit with a motor
LEGO City High-speed Passenger 60051 Train
● 610 pieces
● High-speed train to raise your adrenaline
● Short track for quick navigation
1. Beauty meets functionality on the LEGO City Passenger Rc Train Toy
- Includes 4 LEGO minifigures: 2 passengers, a train conductor and a train attendant
- Features a motorised engine with 10-speed Bluetooth remote control and opening nose cone, pantograph on the roof and driver’s cabin with opening window and control panel, plus a café car with removable roof and tables, and a passenger car with removable roof, seats and tables
- Also includes a platform with 2 seats and train services map, a full circular track with 16 curved rails and 4 straight rails, plus a buildable train signal pole
- Accessory elements include 3 mugs, 3 muffins, a hot dog, croissant, messenger bag and a suitcase with LEGO box inside
- Lift off the roof to access the passenger train cabins filled with cool details.Operate the train with the 10-speed Bluetooth remote control.Drive to the platform and pick up or unload passengers.Set the rails in different ways to fit your city's style.This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for types and quantities.The included Bluetooth remote is not compatible with older infrared remote-controlled LEGO train sets
Ask anyone, and they will tell you that nothing beats the Lego city train. Every kid finds this train set exciting to have. Also, the train has plenty of pieces that are simple and fun to set up.
This model is easy to operate thanks to its motorized engine and its 10-speed Bluetooth remote control. The yellow and blue color scheme is pleasing to the eyes, thus attracting children and making them love the train more.
The set comes with four Lego Minifigures: two passengers, a train conductor, and a train attendant, making the entire set similar to modern passenger train operations.
Moreover, this city train features a standard circular track. Besides, there is an opening window, passenger car with a removable top, and an opening nose cone. To achieve flawless operation, you will need six triple-A sized batteries. On the flip side, the Bluetooth controller requires four triple-A batteries.
Overall, this LEGO City Passenger Rc Train Toy drives smoothly, and you can control the speed. Would it feel great to surprise your kid on their special day with this locomotive?
2. Ride on the LEGO Creator Lego train with Village winter theme
- Kids and adults will have a blast building this LEGO Winter Holiday Christmas train building set. The included train track wraps a full circle around your Christmas tree, making it the perfect under the tree train set for the holiday season
- The holiday LEGO train set includes a locomotive, caboose, 5 minifigures: a locomotive driver, ticket collector, grandmother, boy and a girl, plus festive green wreaths, decorative lights, and buildable micro toys for minifigures
- Turn this LEGO train into a motorized train set with a Power Functions motor (not included), and watch as it rolls festively around the train track! LEGO Creator building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- LEGO Creator Expert kits challenge both kids and adults to explore their creativity through exciting and fun building experiences. Dive into the festive details of this iconic LEGO Christmas train set and build a train the whole family will enjoy
- The Holiday Christmas train in total measures over 4” high, 20” long and 2” wide. Curved rail track diameter measures over 27”. 734 pieces. A great LEGO Christmas gift for boys and girls over the age of 12 years old and adults of all ages.
Are you ready to build a train that the whole family will enjoy? Well, we picked this model since it is suitable for kids and adults. Children in the tween age range take a few hours to set it up. It is also perfect for the holiday season because it has Christmas tree rocks that spin while the train moves on the rack.
Unlike other units, this train comes with five mini-figures, including a driver, a ticket collector, a grandmother figure, a boy, and a girl. Besides, you will be impressed with the additional accessories: decorative lights, a spaceship, green wreaths, and a remote-controlled robot.
Furthermore, you can turn this train set into a motorized unit with a lego power function, although you’ll have to purchase it separately. Once you attach the motor, you can easily move the train on the track.
The model measures over 4” high, 20” long and 2” wide with a track diameter of 27 inches. Besides, a manual guide is included to help you set up the 734 pieces. Lastly, this unit has many minor toys and figures, making the whole process fun for the entire family.
Our final verdict is that the LEGO Creator Expert Winter Holiday Train will bring happiness to your family throughout the holiday season. It also comes with a simple step by step instruction sheet to ease the buildup process.
3. Cruise fast with the LEGO City High-speed Passenger 60051 Train Toy
- Build your own High-speed Passengre train, featuring a motorized locomotive with 8-channel, 7-speed infared remote control, removable roofs on locomotive and cars, and more!
- Way station features small platform with 2 seats, map of train services, warning sign, lights and a crossing
- Includes three minifigures: train driver, traveler and cyclist
- LEGO City toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
Building a bullet train that goes fast requires a high skill level, right? Luckily, you can build this model, provided you follow the instructions to the latter. We have included this high-speed passenger train on our list to add fun to your family and to raise your adrenaline as you cruise it over the track.
This bullet train features a short track, making it easy to arrive at your destinations much faster. The train comes with three Minifigures, which include a train driver, a traveler, and a cyclist. It also boasts of a small platform with two seats.
Additionally, the train has a map of train services, warning signs, lights, and a crossing. The curved rail track and the straight track offer significant challenges when it comes to navigating, thus making the entire movement fun and enjoyable.
Finally, the train boasts of 610 pieces making it ideal for boys and girls between ages 6-12. Therefore, if your kid’s birthday is right around the corner, we highly suggest getting this perfect gift.
Generally, the LEGO City High-speed Passenger Train 60051 Train Toy allows you to travel all over the city within no time. The 7-speed infrared remote control powers you through the curved track at high speeds and gets you safely into the city. We firmly believe this is one of the best toys ever built for kids.
LEGO Train Buying Guide: What to Look for.
Factors to consider before settling for a Lego train
Undeniably, Lego trains have a deep history, and currently, improvized toy trains by Lego are taking the market by storm. Below are the factors you need to consider before purchasing a Lego train.
The types of Lego trains
Based on our reviews, we’ve highlighted various types of Lego toy trains available in the market. Making it possible to choose the most suitable train for your home arrangement or a train that works perfectly for your child.
Some of the Lego trains include the cargo train, passenger or city train, bullet train, and steam engines. These varieties are designed to enhance children’s imagination and to expand their problem-solving skills.
A toy train needs to have accessories to assist you in setting it up. Unfortunately, not all toy trains come equipped with all accessories. Essential accessories that you must look out for include;
The wheels aid in locomotion, tracks that offer the platform for movement, the motor that powers the unit for flawless movement, and remote control for techy units. Even more, you need the crew.
Manual for the step by step installation
Sometimes it is not easy to set up a train, and this calls for assistance. DIY enthusiasts would do anything to set up a train unit. This is where the manual comes in, to save you time as you install.
Quality and warranty
Sometimes Lego trains might not work as planned. Therefore, checking whether or not a model has a warranty is a sure way to invest wisely. Check whether the unit has a limited or unlimited warranty. That way, you’ll buy with confidence because you are satisfied with the warranty information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can one tell a Lego train is good for a specific age?
Lego brand manufactures different types of trains suitable for a variety of ages. You will realize that not all Lego trains are easy to set up, thus the need to set them depending on age. Luckily, Lego labels all their locomotives with the age bracket considered.
Are the new LEGO® City trains compatible with older tracks?
Over the years, the tracks' size has remained the same, thus supporting different Lego trains. The old tracks will come in handy if you want a backup for your new tracks.
Is there any danger with the accessories that come with the set?
Some of the accessories are small, and kids might chew them and chock. This is dangerous, and that’s why you need to be vigilant when you buy a train for your kids. This is where the age bracket comes in; it ensures the kid is mature enough for the train. Mostly, small trains with fewer accessories are perfect for small kids.
The final verdict on Lego trains
The best Lego train is not the most expensive unit. A functional train is what determines your ideal train for a fun time. When you survey the modern market, it is apparent that you will meet hundreds of these trains. This makes it an uphill task when it comes to purchasing.
Our in-depth review highlighted the top three units you can bank for impressive outcomes. We also considered the budget-friendly trains for parents looking for an affordable train that is high quality. It is now your turn to pick a model that impresses you.
How did your ideal choice work for you? We will be glad to hear your feedback concerning the unit you selected from the top three Lego trains.